First update from Michelle:-
Both Lily and Acorn, having spent the night and most of yesterday at the vets on a drip, are now back home. They are both very swollen and are still very poorly and they not out of the woods yet, but the vet feels they will be more settled at home.
Thank you for all the enquiries into their well- being.
Lily seem to be on the mend, but poor Acorn is still very poorly.
When my dad was walking on the moors he realised Lily had been bitten as she yelped and he saw the adder, he gave Lily a Periton which he carries with him for such an incident. He then took Lily straight to the vets, as luck would have it Acorn went along for the ride. Once at the vets he realised Acorn had been bitten as well.
He feels the Periton made all the difference as Lily is a lot better than Acorn.